Southeast Asia forum

Budget Advice

• Gamble

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2012

Hi,

I am off to SEA is December with my partner. This will be our first visit to the region and I wanted just to check that our budget is realisitic. We will have £12000 between us. We are visiting, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and maybe Phillipines and Indonesia if our money stretches that far.

There is no timescale we are very much going to go with the flow, apart from Singapore which we fly into and stay 3 nights (flight is already paid for and does not come out of £12k).

We plan to be very budget concious, stay in cheap hostels/guesthouses and eat from street vendors rather than resturants etc. However we will not be scrimping on experiences and want to try diving, surfing, maybe even a cooking class as we see this as trip of a lifetime and would rather experience it then scrimp just to stay on the road.

Any advice would be great as there is only a few months until we leave.

Cheers.

#1 Posted: 30/7/2012 - 06:55

• Advertisement

• dene_aus

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2010

easy answer - money shouldnt be a problem mate and will easily last six plus months. Just have a good time and by the sounds of it you will be taking good care of your finances. Just go until the money runs out (and hopefully have a flight home already) and have a blast.

long answer - someone else can post it that! :)

#2 Posted: 30/7/2012 - 08:28

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Can I have a loan? Who needs a budget with that kind of gold?

#3 Posted: 30/7/2012 - 10:50

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

A better ? would have been the timescale - surely a year at a minimum?

#4 Posted: 30/7/2012 - 10:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.