Southeast Asia forum

Christmas and NYE

• potta_boro

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hi i was just curious to no where would the best country/city/town to spend christmas and new year out of Thailand Vietnam and Cambodia im not really sure which of these i will be in at the time but if anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate it as im travelling solo and i dont really want to be in the middle of nowhere in my bed with nothing happening around me like a saddo thinking of home. cheers

#1 Posted: 3/11/2012 - 14:53

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Since Dec 25 and Jan 1 are primarily Western occasions you should head where the tourists are if you want a shared celebration. The flipside of course is many of those places are heaving full of tourists at that (peak season) time. Maybe aim for somewhere slightly off the most beaten path but still popular.

In Thailand I've spent Christmas/NYE on Ko Lanta and it was a nice balance, or go up to Chiang Mai where it actually gets cool at night and can feel more "Christmasy" with many hotels laying on a Christmas buffet for tourists and expats, and there's a big NYE countdown with fireworks display.

#2 Posted: 13/11/2012 - 23:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.