Southeast Asia forum

Costs (Laos, Cambodia, Burma)

• perkinwarbe-
    ck

Joined Travelfish
    1st January, 2013

Firstly, apologies if this is been posted in an incorrect area of the forum!

It has been some years (over a decade) since my first and only visit to SEA. Back then, Burma was closed-off to foreigners; meaning, I spent most of my trip in Laos and Vietnam. I have browsed through several guidebooks and threads on this site looking for budgetary specifics; but most are vague.

I will be working in Burma for several months from February, and will, eventually, make my way to Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. I guess my question is: how much should I expect to pay, in both an urban and rural environment, for the following:

1L bottle of water
    A bottle of beer
    A cup of green tea
    A simple meal from a street vendor
    A packet of cigarettes (local brand)
    A single non-AC room in a guesthouse

I would also welcome any advice, whether general or specific, on transport/travel in Burma and Cambodia.

Thank you.

#1 Posted: 1/1/2013 - 09:26

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Laos Cambodia Burma - what order? ... By Dimamah on 5 Jul 2012 10 2427 19 Oct 2012
Thailand - Burma - Cambodia - Laos possible in 4 days? ... By adammcintyre on 18 Feb 2014 8 606 19 Feb 2014
Thailand and afterwards Burma or Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia? ... By xxIris on 3 Apr 2014 7 813 5 Apr 2014