Southeast Asia forum

Sleeper bus from Vientiane to Hanoi

• anewromantic

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2013

Hello everyone ,
    I am
    taking the usual slow boat from northern thailand to LP , then a bus down to vientiane and from there I wanted to catch a sleeper bus (from hell) all the way up to Hanoi. However, I have many things working againts me. Im pushed for time, I want to see everything (Im stubborn and I wont do anything but see everything in a short amount of time) so I do not have time to backtrack from vientiane back to luang prabang and head on over to the border that way, so if I want to go to vientiane at all, I will have to catch this bus.
    Is this an easy feat ? Can I just show up to some bus station and request a sleeper bus to hanoi ? (as in, a straight shot, again Im pressed for time and I also dont have any money so flying is out of the question).
    Would it be too risky to do it this way? should I skip vientiane and go from LP to the northern border?

So many questions, thanks for bearing with me .
    -anewromantic

#1 Posted: 11/1/2013 - 21:47

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Sleeper bus - Vientiane to Pakse ... By dclayw on 17 Jul 2009 29 25205 8 Nov 2009
hue to hanoi on sleeper 'vip' train ... By splashtree on 14 Sep 2009 12 13636 26 Jul 2011
Soft sleeper train Hanoi Hue ... By Pokol on 26 Aug 2009 2 7382 27 Aug 2009
Sleeper train from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh via Hue ... By kelpeta on 16 Nov 2007 3 32472 14 Jul 2011