Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Sleeper bus from Vientiane to Hanoi

Posted by anewromantic on 11/1/2013 at 21:47

Hello everyone ,
I am
taking the usual slow boat from northern thailand to LP , then a bus down to vientiane and from there I wanted to catch a sleeper bus (from hell) all the way up to Hanoi. However, I have many things working againts me. Im pushed for time, I want to see everything (Im stubborn and I wont do anything but see everything in a short amount of time) so I do not have time to backtrack from vientiane back to luang prabang and head on over to the border that way, so if I want to go to vientiane at all, I will have to catch this bus.
Is this an easy feat ? Can I just show up to some bus station and request a sleeper bus to hanoi ? (as in, a straight shot, again Im pressed for time and I also dont have any money so flying is out of the question).
Would it be too risky to do it this way? should I skip vientiane and go from LP to the northern border?

So many questions, thanks for bearing with me .
-anewromantic

#1 anewromantic has been a member since 6/1/2013. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.