Southeast Asia forum

tefl courses

• mrbozo

Joined Travelfish
    12th January, 2013

i am looking at doing a tefl course later in the year and was wondering if anyone can advise me on how to go about this..is there any information packs i can get hold of regarding the course..if anyone has done a course i wld love to know more about it...im in sydney...i want to hear from people who have actually done the course and have taught in asia..thanks and cheers...steve ..

#1 Posted: 12/1/2013 - 21:01

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

One of our writers runs a TEFL school in Thailand -- I've pointed her to this thread and perhaps she'll chime in with some advice and so on.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 13/1/2013 - 00:01

• rosanne

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2011
    Location Thailand

Dear Steve
    Rosanne here. I'm the Samui correspondent for Travelfish, and I also own a TEFL training centre on Koh Samui, in the gulf of Thailand. Please drop me a mail at info@samuitefl.com and I'll send you an info pack. After you've gone through all the info, feel free to fire away with questions. I am also more than happy to put you in touch with a few teachers who have done the course and who are still teaching in Thailand (also some in other countries if you like). You can also go to www.samuitefl.com and there's a lot of info on there as well as the Facebook page.
    Kind regards
    Rosanne

#3 Posted: 13/1/2013 - 00:12

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

A great resource for TEFL in Thailand is www.ajarn.com. Plenty of answers for you there I imagine.

#4 Posted: 13/1/2013 - 02:01

• rosanne

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2011
    Location Thailand

Agreed! ajarn.com is a great resource. All jobs are current too and there are advice pages and forums.

#5 Posted: 13/1/2013 - 02:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.