Southeast Asia forum

finding tea and tea ware in sea

• melmariet

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2009

Hello! Can anyone give me any advice on finding good quality loose leaf tea in southeast Asia? I'm interested in all kinds but mostly Chinese tea. Looking for clay pots, for the Chinese gong ** tea ceremony...
    Any help would be appreciated!

#1 Posted: 1/2/2013 - 18:32

• Advertisement

• UsTwo

Joined Travelfish
    22nd April, 2010

Check out Mae Salong in northern Thailand.
    The district was settled by the anti-communist Chinese, after the King of Thailand gifted them the land, in appreciation of their assistance in the fight against Chairman Mao's mob.
    It's a very pretty town, with houses perched along the ridge lines, overlooking their crops, and there are several tea processing 'factories' along the road. Just out of the town is a memorial to the soldiers, and incorporated is an exhibition and sales area. I'm sure you would find almost anything associated with tea.

#2 Posted: 1/2/2013 - 23:29

• fondo

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2006
    Total reviews: 19
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Agree with Mae Salong, I've bought some lovely teas from there. I've bought pots everywhere ... Singapore, Vientiane, KL, Bangkok ... just look.

#3 Posted: 2/2/2013 - 02:22

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Binondo, Manila should have loose-leaf tea. Clay pots i'm not sure. I see porcelain and ceramic pots and cups.

#4 Posted: 2/2/2013 - 05:35

• melmariet

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2009

Thanks guys I'll be checking those suggestions out,if anyone else is interested vang vieng has a mulberry tea farm that's organic too. Its good.

#5 Posted: 2/2/2013 - 05:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.