Southeast Asia forum

SE Asia Itinerary- Please help!

• lala889

Joined Travelfish
    20th March, 2013

Hi im looking to go to s.e asia for 6 weeks. im 18 and flying into bangkok so looking to travel thailand including phuket and the islands, cambodia and maybe make it down to ho chi minh city and then fly to bali/indonesia.
    Im not sure how much i could fit in in this time, id love to go to more of vietnam but understand time constraints. I also have heard northern thailand is amazing but I have no clue where to start in terms of planning a route starting in bangkok and ending there before catching a flight to bali for a week or so.
    Any help would be much appreciated!!!

#1 Posted: 20/3/2013 - 05:44

• Advertisement

• cuba13

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2013
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi ! Im Claudia from Vietnam .I think the quotation must depend on the services you would like to take if you want the budget price I have some suggestion as : You will take your route : Thailand -Cambodia -Vietnam , so from each to other destination you can travel by bus.I mean you can cross from Thailand to Cambodia by bus and Cambodia to Vietnam also.

in thailand some place should visit :Chiang Mai is oneof the top Thailand attractions. The famous Night Bazaar sprawls along severalcity blocks along footpaths, inside buildings and temple grounds
    Koh Tao,literally Turtle Island, is a small island located near the eastern shore ofthe Gulf of Thailand.
    Ko Phi Phi is asmall archipelago in the Krabi Province in Southern Thailand

in Cambodia :Sihanoukville, also known as Kampong Som, is a port city and beach resorton the Gulf of Thailand
    Angkor watt The greatest attraction in Cambodia and one of the mostspectacular ancient sites on earth, Angkor isa vast temple complex featuring the remains of several capitals of the KhmerEmpire, from the 9th to the 15th century A
    and in Vietnam normally the tourist like to discover North part cause there are some place you should not miss when being in Vietnam : Halong , Sapa , Ninh Binh .
    but as you said that you will reach only Hcm so you should spend your time to discover Mekong delta -Floating market and Cuchi tunnel -The vestigial of Vietnam War .
    the quotation mus depend on the quality of the hotel and the train or transport you will chose but without flight can be around 3500-4500euro.So I hope that you will have more idea to prepare your trip.

#2 Posted: 26/3/2013 - 06:21

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

If the only place you intend to see in Vietnam is Saigon, then I would avoid it entirely (the best of VN is in the north and central regions, in my opinion). 6 weeks is hardly enough time to see all of the destinations you've listed - I suggest you concentrate on Thailand and Indochina - Bali is quite distant, and it makes sense to leave it for another trip.

#3 Posted: 29/3/2013 - 13:33

• ljgrant1212

Joined Travelfish
    30th March, 2013

i am looking at going to sea for 3-4 weeks. never done anything like this before.
    i need some help as where to start even planning my trip.
    i live in the uk, 40 yrs old and my 17yr daughter may be coming as well.

any help is appreciated

#4 Posted: 30/3/2013 - 05:40

• cuba13

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2013
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

hi !I'M Claudia from Vietnam ,If you want to spend 3,4 week to Sea ,the most destination people often take is Thailand -Cambodia -Vietnam -Laos and also Myanamar or Indonessia.

so if you have no idea where to go yet check out that destination and you will have more idea where the most place for you to travel.
    As Im a guide tour for English and Spanish tourist in the route I have mentioned before some destination they often go : PUKET -KOTAO -KO PHIPHI -CHIANG MAI - BANGKOK - PHNOM PENH -HCM -MEKONG DELTA - HOI AN - HA NOI - SAPA -HA LONG -LAOS .
    Check that and see what you like to go, you will have more idea for traveling .All is depend on you.

#5 Posted: 10/4/2013 - 02:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.