Southeast Asia forum

september and children in asia

• kutereba

Joined Travelfish
    2nd April, 2013

Hi,

my family are planning to visit the far east in September (date is fixed :-( ) with 2 children aged 8 and 10. We have been looking at Phuket but I'm getting a little concerned about the weather as it appears to be the height of the rainy season. i know we cant know the weather where we go before we get there but s there any where in eastern asia which will be warm and dry at that time of year. the only real stipulations is that the hotel has something for the kids to do. It is for a family reunion (half coming from australia and half uk) and the last time we did this it rained constantly for a full week in koh samui.

any advice would be great please

thanks

adam

#1 Posted: 2/4/2013 - 17:49

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

I was about to recommend Samui until I read that you've already been there. In the tropics the weather can be unpredictable and rain is hard to completely avoid any time of year except Jan-March dry season. The SW monsoon prevails roughly May-October throughout most of Thailand, but rains tend to be hard and last just an hour or so, and it can also be really sunny and hot. The lower Gulf of Thailand meanwhile has a different wet season, more like October-January, so islands like Samui, Ko Phangan, and Ko Tao have some of their best weather March-September, Samui being probably the most family-oriented.

#2 Posted: 5/4/2013 - 08:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.