Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Useful websites for other world travel?

Posted by itchyfeet on 9/7/2007 at 08:43

Hi all,

After heavily relying upon Travelfish to navigate South East Asia, my partner and I are now in the planning stages of another trip, this time to China, India, Nepal and then on to Africa. We're wondering if anyone knows of sites as informative and reliable as Travelfish for these areas of travel? Any suggestions that you can make would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Meg and John

#1 itchyfeet has been a member since 24/7/2006. Posts: 19

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/7/2007 at 08:47 admin

Hi Meg & John,

While not in the same format as Travelfish, IndiaMike is a terrific resource for the sub-continent. Can't help for the other regions though.

Enjoy the rest of your travels!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by alisonmilliken on 6/9/2007 at 14:50

Hi,
BootsnAll is pretty good too...
has stuff about all sorts of places.
ALISON

#3 alisonmilliken has been a member since 10/12/2006. Posts: 70

Posted by planetclare on 6/9/2007 at 20:32

It's not as in-depth as Travelfish (no accommodation and restaurant info), but I really like www.travelindependent.info for general country overviews and long-term backpacking tips.

Clare

#4 planetclare has been a member since 13/11/2006. Posts: 15

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.