Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Summer Southeast Asia Travel 2014

Posted by Niklass on 10/7/2013 at 20:33

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and wanted some advice. My fiancee and I are getting married this summer and want to do our honeymoon next year in Southeast Asia. We went a couple of years ago and loved it.

Our idea is to start in Bangkok then go up in Northern Thailand (Chang Mai etc.) cross over to Laos (Luang Namtha area) cross to Northern Vietnam (Ha Noi, Halong) , go south to Da Nang and fly to Phnom Penh and go to an Island called Phu Quoc for a week of pampering.

A few questions we have.

1. We are thinking of doing 4 weeks but should we plan more? (6 maybe?)

2. My main concern is roads/buses. How hard is it to cross the borders? Right now we were only going to fly from Da Nang to Phnom Penh but I am unsure of how safe it is to drive across multiple countries. We kind of want to keep it on a budget but if it's better/safer to fly we're open to it.

3. What kind of budget do you guys think outside of the inbound and outbound flights? We're gonna mainly stay at hostels until Phu Quoc.

4. Any tips you guys think would be useful.

Thanks!

#1 Niklass has been a member since 10/7/2013. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.