Southeast Asia forum

Looking for honeymoon beach!

• Jcohen05

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2013

My husband and I are heading to Southeast Asia for our honeymoon in Nov/Dec. We would like to spend a couple weeks on the beach and are trying to decide which beach/island region would be the best for us. We would like to get off the beaten path and away from the crowds, but it is our honeymoon, so we'd like to have nicer accommodations for at least a week. We like to snorkel, hike, surf, climb and love food. We have heard Thailand is nice but touristy. Has anyone been to the beaches/islands in Cambodia or Malaysia or Vietnam? What about the Philippines? How do they compare? Any advice would be great!

#1 Posted: 25/9/2013 - 19:00

• Advertisement

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

If you want a place to get away from a lot of tourists and really enjoy nature Borneo might be an idea. Good snorkelling, diving, hiking, wildlife, beaches, quieter etc. I haven't actually been there but it is on my list of places to go. There must be some nice resorts there as well.

Thailand has lots of different options. Definitely can get away from the really touristy areas but might give up a little in terms of amenities doing so. You could easily spend some time in a nice resort, then jump off to a little quiet island, head into a major area for some partying etc. Thailand is nice in that it offers pretty much everything, just have to do your research and find the places you think you would really enjoy. Maybe Khao Lak with trips to Similian or Surin islands and a trip to Khao Sok.

I wasn't on Koh Rong in Cambodia but from the little I do know I don't think it would be my choice for a honeymoon. Vietnam doesn't have a whole lot to offer either, maybe Phu Quoc but not sure it is your best choice either.

Indonesia or Philippines might have some good options, I don't know enough about them though.

#2 Posted: 25/9/2013 - 19:35

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

"We like to snorkel, hike, surf, climb and love food."

Most people like food. Not much surfing in Thailand but plenty of nice beaches. Phuket, Phi Phi and Samui get busy but other places not so much. Koh Chang/Kood would be good for you. Or Koh Mook/Lanta.

#3 Posted: 26/9/2013 - 10:53

• hannatana19-

Joined Travelfish
    27th November, 2013

Posted from within Vietnam.

I recommend you to visit Vietnam. In Vietnam there are many beachs, You can choose to visit Nha Trang, Phan Thiet or Mui Ne beach. These beaches are the South of Vietnam. From the beach, you also can visit Da Lat. Dalat is a romantic place for a couple. It is not far from these beach to Da Lat.

#4 Posted: 27/11/2013 - 21:01

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Read the dates

#5 Posted: 28/11/2013 - 09:44

• jackwilliam-

Joined Travelfish
    5th December, 2013

snorkel,
    Siam Aquarium in Bangkok
    Juara Beach and Tanjung Rhu.

#6 Posted: 17/12/2013 - 09:56

• seowork

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2013

hello guys
    I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post.

#7 Posted: 22/12/2013 - 23:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.