Southeast Asia forum

Thailand,Myanmar,Laos,Vietnam,Cambodia

• Chathu

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2013

Hi ! I'm a solo female traveler from Sri Lanka.

I'm planning a meditation retreat in Myanmar and after that I wish to visit Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and also Thailand.Definitely Bangkok will be the transit to Yangon and way back to Sri Lanka. Therefore I hope to get a budget airline from Bangkok to Yangon ( Air Asia? )

After completing the retreat at Yangon I hope to see the surroundings and culture of Myanmar( 6 weeks). But then I don't have a good idea of planning the next visits to other 4 countries.( 5 weeks)

Do you have any idea which country should I visit after Myanmar and so on before coming to Thailand?
    Have you visited these countries? if so how about the expenses? Budget airlines? obtaining visa online or manually from Bangkok or at other countries ?

In your opinion would it be enough if I bring USD 300 to spend in 4 countries( excluding Myanmar ) Thailand, Laos and Cambodia and Vietnam ?

I just want to see the culture and some important places, mixed up with locals and not to have a luxury tour.I'm a vegetarian too.

Which countries will I be able to travel by bus?

Sorry for the bunch of questions !!!!!

#1 Posted: 27/9/2013 - 13:30

• Advertisement

• JaiYen88

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2012
    Total reviews: 2

It seems a bit uneven to spend 6 weeks in Myanmar and then only 5 weeks in the other 4 countries. If you are 100% sure about spending the 6 weeks in Myanmar then I would recommend sticking to Thailand, Laos and Cambodia for the other 5 weeks but even 3 countries in 5 weeks isn't enough time to get to know anywhere well. If you don't already have fixed plans, think about reducing your time in Myanmar to give you some more time to see the other countries.

I'm not sure what the visa requirements for these countries are for Sri Lankans so you need to research this before you make any plans.

Re: money, I'm not sure if you mean $3000, or $300 per country, or $300 per week?

There are many bus services throughout the region, that will bring you wherever you need to go. Thailand and Vietnam also have trains.

#2 Posted: 27/9/2013 - 15:16

• Chathu

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2013

Thanks JaiYen ;-)

Yes I can reduce the time period in Myanmar up to 5 weeks.
    It is USD 300. but isn't that enough USD 100 per country/week (excluding air/bus fee) since I'm budget traveler.

Please let me know which is the best order to visit other countries Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, after Myanmar. Because I will have to select Thailand as the last country since from there I have to take the return flight.

thanks for your valuable advices !!!

#3 Posted: 28/9/2013 - 01:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
32 yo m from singapore travelling China-Laos-Vietnam-Cambodia-Myanmar-Thailand-Malaysia ... By charltonsz on 26 Dec 2010 3 2388 26 Dec 2010
5 Weeks in SE Asia (Myanmar - Laos/Cambodia) ... By Armoured_Bear on 23 Nov 2013 1 1014 25 Nov 2013
6 weeks in SEA: Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia ... By esseestpercipi on 6 Mar 2014 2 895 7 Mar 2014
27 y/o female heading from Northern Thailand thru Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Southern Thailand ... By starseed on 4 Mar 2011 10 3358 25 Apr 2011
Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and back to Thailand - Good Plan? ... By PeterJW on 25 Sep 2011 3 3108 27 Sep 2011
23yo male, frm uk, 3months travelling Thailand-Laos-Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand.. Jan2011 ... By benrob87 on 6 Oct 2010 4 2924 11 Dec 2010
Travel buddies wanted SE Asia (Thailand-Laos-Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand) 22nd Nov - 1st Feb ... By LottieJ on 14 Nov 2012 0 1207 14 Nov 2012
Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and back to Thailand ... By JamesHamblin on 8 Apr 2009 8 6588 11 Apr 2009