Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Traveling from Fiji to Burma

Posted by dmorse100 on 5/10/2013 at 11:12

I've got a question

Earlier this year I flew from Siem reap, where my brother lives defining villages to KL and on to Bali and NZ and Moorea. Next month I am starting in Fiji and working up to Burma and then over to SR.

I'd love to do it by train as much as possible (yeah I know the trains have a tough time on the water!!) . After I track the location of my uncles crashed plane in WWII i in the Fiji area, I will head north.

I prefer first class if possible

Suggestions please...!

Dave
Edit this post

#1 dmorse100 has been a member since 19/8/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by daawgon on 5/10/2013 at 14:28

Korean Airlines has the most direct flights on the NAN-RGN route with a single connection at Seoul ICN

I recommend Bangkok Airways for the RGN-REP route - also 1 connection at BKK

#2 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,091

Posted by busylizzy on 6/10/2013 at 04:38

From Fiji, you would backtrack to NZ or Australia to fly up to SEA. If you flew to Australia (Qantas to Sydney or Melbourne probably), you should be able to fly on to KL - Rangoon using Air Asia.

From NZ, you can fly Air NZ direct to Bali, from where would then fly to KL - Rangoon (or Bkk - Mandalay).

I'd suggest using Skyscanner to investigate flight options, but probably not pay too much attention to the price it gives you for the multi-stop route and I've found it to be ridiculously high when planning multi-stops. Best to look at each leg on the airline websites directly for pricing in that situation.

#3 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by busylizzy on 6/10/2013 at 04:41

Sorry - somehow completely missed daawgon's post... looks like he may have found a more direct way.

#4 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.