Southeast Asia forum

Traveling from Fiji to Burma

• dmorse100

Joined Travelfish
    19th August, 2012

I've got a question

Earlier this year I flew from Siem reap, where my brother lives defining villages to KL and on to Bali and NZ and Moorea. Next month I am starting in Fiji and working up to Burma and then over to SR.

I'd love to do it by train as much as possible (yeah I know the trains have a tough time on the water!!) . After I track the location of my uncles crashed plane in WWII i in the Fiji area, I will head north.

I prefer first class if possible

Suggestions please...!

Dave
    Edit this post

#1 Posted: 5/10/2013 - 11:12

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Korean Airlines has the most direct flights on the NAN-RGN route with a single connection at Seoul ICN

I recommend Bangkok Airways for the RGN-REP route - also 1 connection at BKK

#2 Posted: 5/10/2013 - 14:28

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

From Fiji, you would backtrack to NZ or Australia to fly up to SEA. If you flew to Australia (Qantas to Sydney or Melbourne probably), you should be able to fly on to KL - Rangoon using Air Asia.

From NZ, you can fly Air NZ direct to Bali, from where would then fly to KL - Rangoon (or Bkk - Mandalay).

I'd suggest using Skyscanner to investigate flight options, but probably not pay too much attention to the price it gives you for the multi-stop route and I've found it to be ridiculously high when planning multi-stops. Best to look at each leg on the airline websites directly for pricing in that situation.

#3 Posted: 6/10/2013 - 04:38

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Sorry - somehow completely missed daawgon's post... looks like he may have found a more direct way.

#4 Posted: 6/10/2013 - 04:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.