Southeast Asia forum

Nano SIM cards availability

• Sherwood

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2013

Are Nano SIM cards available in Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos for my new ipad and iphone?

#1 Posted: 10/10/2013 - 08:23

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Not that I've seen - generally the shops just cut then down in size with a card cutter.

#2 Posted: 12/10/2013 - 19:46

• Sherwood

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2013

Greetings somtam - thank you for your response. You said "not that you've seen" regarding nano SIM cards, just checking how recent your experience is. I know technology is changing fast and I'm wondering what countries you've been to and when. Also, there was another response to my question and it's no longer here. Do you recall the name of the international phone/data provider that was recommended? Are you familiar with that? Thx

#3 Posted: 16/10/2013 - 14:03

• cbg0927

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2013
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Can anyone attest to the availability of card cutters in the region? Will there be a nano sim card trimmer anywhere sim cards are sold? Trying to find out if I should be bringing my own...

#4 Posted: 21/10/2013 - 13:26

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I've had them cut down in Bali, Kuala Lumpur, Yangon and Bangkok -- all in the last six months - each time they just cut down a regular card. The other response was spam so was deleted.

@cbg0927 - yes any decent sim place will have a card cutter - no need to bring your own.

#5 Posted: 21/10/2013 - 22:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.