Southeast Asia forum

Thailand Islands over xmas

• treanoc

Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2010

Hi all

Can anyone recommend where myself and my partner should stay for 2 weeks over Christmas. we arrive in bangok on the 18th December and leave 2 weeks later. We would probably visit 2/3 islands we generally just want a laid back beach/poolside holiday with plenty of choice for day trips/food.bars etc. We are both 27 so while we dont want a crazy party atmosphere we would still enjoy a bit of hustle and bustle! Maybe a large island for a few days then a couples retreat place for another few days!!
    I have heard xmas in thailand islands can be crazy busy, are these crowds unbearable? I know the west coast will have the better weather but then will also have the busiest crowds. We are keen to avoid the busiest, most populated places. I have been to Krabi phuket ,phi phi, ko samui and ko phangan before. would welcome trying elsewhere too, really was not fond of Phuket at all!!
    Also should we book before we go or will leaving it untill we arrive in bangkok be okay? Any advise is appreciated, as I saidd before I have been before but it was not in peak period so we never had to pre-book accommdation, transportation etc!

#1 Posted: 28/10/2013 - 22:51

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I'd agree with choosing the west coast --here are some links to other stories on the site that may help in narrowing down your list:

General stories on the Andaman Islands
    Andaman Sea Island Hopper
    Thai islands for nature lovers
    Thai islands to lose yourself on

As for booking in advance, it really depends on the island -- Xmas and New Years could be prudent, but it really depends on the island.

Cheers!

#2 Posted: 29/10/2013 - 03:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Islands off the beaten track - which best for xmas 09? ... By alexlazarus on 15 Apr 2009 8 2736 23 Apr 2009