Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Travelling from China (Nanjing) to Thailand (Phuket)

Posted by Brogie91 on 17/11/2013 at 11:47

New to these forums so apologies if I posted this in wrong place.

Hey, so I am planning to travel from China to Thailand, more specifically from Nanjing to Phuket during China's spring festival. Have rough dates in my head for around the 1-3/02/14 to around the 17/02/14.

I'm looking advice from anyone who may have travelled from China (Eastern) to Thailand on a few things.
Firstly cost, I have priced some flights using skyscanner from Nanjing airport direct to Phuket during the dates I have stated. Its £350 for the return journey. I am wondering if there is a cheaper and better way to get to Phuket? Say maybe, a flight from somewhere else in China or to somewhere else in Thailand. I have read some lonely planet pieces about travel agents in China offering decent deals for travelling? Obviously I don't want an arduously long drawn out journey but anything cheaper would be better!

Secondly is it even sensible to stay in Phuket that long? In terms of cost? Or should I just stay a few days there and move elsewhere?

Any help would be great from anyone who knows, well..anything

Manys thanks guys :)

#1 Brogie91 has been a member since 17/11/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by Captain_Bob on 19/11/2013 at 07:56

Check prices flying out of Hangzhou via Bangkok (or ex-Shanghai via KL) on Air Asia http://www.airasia.com

In terms of cost I'd get out of Phuket as soon as possible. Prices going ridiculous there, but it does offer the most flight options in the south. There is a bus service running between Phuket airport and Phuket town for 90 baht (compared to taxis that will sting you for 800+) http://www.airportbusphuket.com
Suggestion: get a ferry to Ko Lanta which has a wide range of accommodation/prices, rent a scooter and explore the various beaches.

#2 Captain_Bob has been a member since 27/5/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,871

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.