Southeast Asia forum

Travelling from China (Nanjing) to Thailand (Phuket)

• Brogie91

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2013

New to these forums so apologies if I posted this in wrong place.

Hey, so I am planning to travel from China to Thailand, more specifically from Nanjing to Phuket during China's spring festival. Have rough dates in my head for around the 1-3/02/14 to around the 17/02/14.

I'm looking advice from anyone who may have travelled from China (Eastern) to Thailand on a few things.
    Firstly cost, I have priced some flights using skyscanner from Nanjing airport direct to Phuket during the dates I have stated. Its £350 for the return journey. I am wondering if there is a cheaper and better way to get to Phuket? Say maybe, a flight from somewhere else in China or to somewhere else in Thailand. I have read some lonely planet pieces about travel agents in China offering decent deals for travelling? Obviously I don't want an arduously long drawn out journey but anything cheaper would be better!

Secondly is it even sensible to stay in Phuket that long? In terms of cost? Or should I just stay a few days there and move elsewhere?

Any help would be great from anyone who knows, well..anything

Manys thanks guys :)

#1 Posted: 17/11/2013 - 11:47

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Check prices flying out of Hangzhou via Bangkok (or ex-Shanghai via KL) on Air Asia http://www.airasia.com

In terms of cost I'd get out of Phuket as soon as possible. Prices going ridiculous there, but it does offer the most flight options in the south. There is a bus service running between Phuket airport and Phuket town for 90 baht (compared to taxis that will sting you for 800+) http://www.airportbusphuket.com
    Suggestion: get a ferry to Ko Lanta which has a wide range of accommodation/prices, rent a scooter and explore the various beaches.

#2 Posted: 19/11/2013 - 07:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Backpacking SE Asia from Nanjing (China) ... By pocketboy on 15 Dec 2010 21 3678 22 Dec 2010
23/F travelling Sep to Feb China/Vietnam/Cambodia/Thailand/Malaysia ... By carolinesarah on 11 Jun 2012 13 1762 20 Nov 2012
32 yo m from singapore travelling China-Laos-Vietnam-Cambodia-Myanmar-Thailand-Malaysia ... By charltonsz on 26 Dec 2010 3 2407 26 Dec 2010