Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

South East Asia Itinerary

Posted by amringro on 17/11/2013 at 23:37

I'm planning a five week trip to Thailand + a few other destinations in SE Asia. I'm trying to figure out which other countries I should include, along with Thailand: Laos and Cambodia or Malaysia and Singapore. And whether I should add any time in Vietnam. Or any other amazing places to see.

I really love snorkelling, so will be spending a few days on a live aboard in the Similan and Surin Islands and then heading out to Bangkok to continue the rest of my trip.

I also love animals and would love to have the opportunity to see some animals in their natural habitats. Elephants, monkeys, birds, etc.

I'd like to do some trekking as well.

I'm not into the party scene, but do like some night time activity (markets, etc). I'm a solo female traveller, so I also need to be aware of safety.

Any suggestions on how to spend my time in SE Asia?

Thanks!

#1 amringro has been a member since 17/11/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by amnicoll on 19/11/2013 at 05:56

Virtually any town in Thailand has a night market for eating and they are well worth visiting and you would be safe visiting these (although take normal precautions and keep an eye on valuables as you would anywhere else busy)

Seeing (wild) animals in their natural habitat can be hard although you will find monkeys in towns like Lop Buri or Pratchup Kiri Khan and around temples elsewhere.

With 5 weeks I would limit the countiries to Thailand + one other at the most.

#2 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 635

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.