Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Wanting To Travel Cambodia Vietnam & Laos From Australia Where To head To First?!!

Posted by Wato7 on 26/11/2013 at 23:50

Hi, can anyone kindly give me any advice\pointers on which country from the above title I should head to first upon leaving Sydney with my final destination being flying back to the UK.

Obviously Im aware that geographically Vietnam would be the first country I hit from Oz but I would like some advice on best travel routes for the above 3 countries and where to head to first.

Of course any other advice and tips regarding the above would be massively appreciated also.

Many thanks for your help.

Wato7

#1 Wato7 has been a member since 26/11/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by MADMAC on 26/11/2013 at 23:54

You are way short on detail I'm afraid. What is your airport of entry? What if your airport of debarkation? How much time do you have? What are your principal interests? What are your dislikes?

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 27/11/2013 at 09:19

It's your holiday dude.

#3 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by Tilapia on 27/11/2013 at 09:44

You can get some well-priced tickets on Air Asia that will drop you down in Kuala Lumpur. You might not want to go to Malaysia, but you could save yourself a small bundle of money if you do, and from there it's easy to get up and into Thailand. Otherwise, Bangkok is the main hub for travel in SE Asia and provides a pretty soft landing for first-time visitors and is a good starting point.

It might also depend on when you're planning on going as weather can be a factor. Check out the weather info on this site.

#4 Tilapia has been a member since 21/4/2006. Location: Canada. Posts: 1,485
 Where has Tilapia been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.