Southeast Asia forum

Itinerary changes

• Bjr

Joined Travelfish
    31st January, 2014

Hi guys. It is my first time travelling alone and I'm having a great time. So far everything has been super easy to organise. I've taken advice from travel fish and kept my itinerary loose, with a rough circular plan of where I'd like to visit. This has resulted in me now being in a little town I was recommended .... Nong Khai ..... Which I love. But, it's time to move on in a couple of days, I can see Laos over the maekong from where I'm sitting now. Lao was to be my next destination as I've travelled north from bangkok, then Cambodia and Vietnam. However, Lao just isn't calling me now. Don't know why. Would I be missing a trick if I just missed it out and flew into Cambodia? I think the long journey times on squashed hot busses are putting me off a little. There seems to be no sensible route between Vientiane, vang vieng, tha khaek, Savannakhet, paste, champasak and Luang Prabang. Even using flights I'm confused. Like I said, I am new to this! Thanks for any advice.

#1 Posted: 31/1/2014 - 03:37

• Advertisement

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

do what you feel right

- Laos is great and you may well be missing a trick (and even with the places you list you are missing the area on the chinese border which is well worth a visit)

from Nong Khai you can get comfortable buses to Cambodian border via Khon Keng or take the train back to BKK and either bus or train from there

#2 Posted: 1/2/2014 - 05:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.