Southeast Asia forum

Thailand, Malaysia & Vietnam. First Time, Help Please

• nasir91

Joined Travelfish
    31st January, 2014

Hi guys,

I'm planning to go to Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam for 1 month. I was wondering if anyone can help me on where to go etc?

I would like to spend more time in Thailand than Malaysia and Vietnam.

My initial idea was to start in Bangkok stay their for couple of days, maybe head to north and stay for couple of days and head back to Bangkok. Fly to Malaysia then Vietnam and back to Bangkok, then go to the south of thailand?

Also how would the visas work, if i was to come back to Thailand after Vietnam?

Thanks a lot, much appreciated guys

#1 Posted: 3/2/2014 - 14:04

• Advertisement

• antoniamitc-
    hell

Click here to learn more about antoniamitchell
    Joined Travelfish
    13th May, 2012
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 3
    Places visited:
    At least 39

Hi Nasir91,

Assuming you're from one of the countries listed on this page (http://www.travelfish.org/visas/thailand), you'll get 30 days visa-free in Thailand when arriving by air, and either 15 or 30 days when arriving by land (again, see the above page to determine which you get). So if you fly into Bangkok from your home, and then fly back into Bangkok from Vietnam a few weeks later, you'll be granted 30 days visa-free both times.

You will need to apply for a visa for Vietnam (the "visa-on-arrival" isn't a true visa on arrival, as you still need to apply for it in advance).

BTW, that's a lot of travelling about for a month - remember when planning out your trip that you'll lose pretty much an entire day every time you move from place to place.

Have fun!

#2 Posted: 4/2/2014 - 13:54

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

I would personally leave Vietnam for another trip since it's quite different from the other two countries, and really deserves it's own month to travel. I believe that you don't realize just how large the area is, and how slow and time consuming ground travel can be.

To get a proper answer, you should indicate your interests, season of travel and budget.

It also sound like you haven't read the TF Destinations sections for these countries?

#3 Posted: 6/2/2014 - 09:48

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Depends what u want to do. Too vague.

#4 Posted: 6/2/2014 - 18:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
First time traveller, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia Jul/Aug 09 ... By sidewinder on 19 May 2009 4 3329 18 Jun 2009
40 Days for Thailand/Laos/Malaysia. Time and Transport help! ... By hellfire2260 on 15 Jan 2013 6 1395 17 Jan 2013
First time travellers! 10 week trip Thailand>Malaysia>Singapore ... By rledez1990 on 12 Mar 2010 1 3308 13 Mar 2010