Southeast Asia forum

Vietnam - Laos - Cambodia 11 Dec to 8 Jan 2015

• LouisMalta

Joined Travelfish
    19th February, 2014

Hi All
    Please I need all your help and suggestions for an Itinerary. We are two young adults who plan to travel to Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia from 11 December 2014 till 8 January 2015. Can you please offer your suggestions like where to start, where to stop, where to go, any hotel suggestions and anything else that can help our planning. We are flying from Malta in Europe. We are not backpacking. We are adventurous, into sightseeing and also some history. Thanks for your help !!!

#1 Posted: 19/2/2014 - 00:59

• Advertisement

• AbigailatPe-
    nhandInk

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hi Louis

I'd suggest you take a look at featured destinations and sights to see in the countries you're thinking about.

Check the Wires section on the site - there are posts from Travelfish writers based in the countries your interested in, with information on Christmas/New Year celebrations, best time to visit certain places, things to see and do in different places etc.

Also check other posts in the forums, where people have asked for itinerary advice for those countries - you'll get some ideas of where people recommend.

You might want to be somewhere special for Christmas or New Year, which will help your itinerary planning too.

When you have a basic idea of which places you'd like to visit, then ask for recommendations for good routes, places to stay (give your budget per night) and transport options.

Happy researching!

#2 Posted: 19/2/2014 - 23:25

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

I normally use google and youtube. Looking at images and videos of places gives you an idea what they are like and then you can look at a map and see how to get there.

It's your holiday so you really should be planning it yourself. Otherwise pay a travel agent.

#3 Posted: 20/2/2014 - 09:47

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

I would say three countries in four weeks is a bit much, especially in a region where travel is notoriously slow and unreliable.

Option 1: Stay four weeks in Vietnam (amazing country, much variety and plenty of "adventure, sightseeing and history").

Option 2: 2.5 weeks in Vietnam and 10 days in either Cambodia or Laos.

#4 Posted: 20/2/2014 - 10:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.