Southeast Asia forum

Pailin and Anlong Veng transport advice- or somewhere else?

• Bridgequeen

Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2013
    Location Earth

Hi

I am thinking of going to Cambodia in a couple of weeks. I was planning to fly into Phnom Penh (Air Asia via Bangkok) a couple of days there, then Kep, back up to PP to get straight on a bus heading out to Battambang. From there I wanted to take a side trip to Pailin . I can't find any info on transport (is there a public bus? how long does it take?) and precious little on anything else. I am guessing an overnight will be enough. Then, rather than going back through BB I would prefer to go straight to Siem Reap (flying out of there after a few days).
    I also quite fancy a trip to Anlong Veng as well but it seems there are no buses and I am not sure how affordable taxis are.
    I have been to Cambodia twice before and and have done all the stops except Pailin and Anlong Veng. I know it doesn't sound very adventurous, a third trip in three years, but I have done bits of Thailand, Saigon and Laos as well and just keep wanting to go back to Cambodia. If anybody has any better itinerary ideas then I am open to suggestions..... Would love to do more of Vietnam but flights are expensive, I don't believe they have many long distance buses and as a solo female traveller of a certain age I am not keen on sharing a sleeper train compartment with 3 strangers so I have always been put off doing the country in more depth. Similarly my experience of Bangkok completely put me off Thailand and I am not much of a beach person to bother going down to the islands. I spent 3 weeks in Laos in December. A friend suggested Borneo but I really don't know where to start...
    Any ideas are welcome

#1 Posted: 7/3/2014 - 14:47

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ubon to Anlong Veng ... By lad on 11 Nov 2010 4 2165 20 Jan 2011
Siem Reap to Anlong Veng ... By vietabroad on 4 Apr 2012 2 2325 4 Apr 2012