Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Pailin and Anlong Veng transport advice- or somewhere else?

Posted by Bridgequeen on 7/3/2014 at 14:47

Hi

I am thinking of going to Cambodia in a couple of weeks. I was planning to fly into Phnom Penh (Air Asia via Bangkok) a couple of days there, then Kep, back up to PP to get straight on a bus heading out to Battambang. From there I wanted to take a side trip to Pailin . I can't find any info on transport (is there a public bus? how long does it take?) and precious little on anything else. I am guessing an overnight will be enough. Then, rather than going back through BB I would prefer to go straight to Siem Reap (flying out of there after a few days).
I also quite fancy a trip to Anlong Veng as well but it seems there are no buses and I am not sure how affordable taxis are.
I have been to Cambodia twice before and and have done all the stops except Pailin and Anlong Veng. I know it doesn't sound very adventurous, a third trip in three years, but I have done bits of Thailand, Saigon and Laos as well and just keep wanting to go back to Cambodia. If anybody has any better itinerary ideas then I am open to suggestions..... Would love to do more of Vietnam but flights are expensive, I don't believe they have many long distance buses and as a solo female traveller of a certain age I am not keen on sharing a sleeper train compartment with 3 strangers so I have always been put off doing the country in more depth. Similarly my experience of Bangkok completely put me off Thailand and I am not much of a beach person to bother going down to the islands. I spent 3 weeks in Laos in December. A friend suggested Borneo but I really don't know where to start...
Any ideas are welcome

#1 Bridgequeen has been a member since 29/7/2013. Location: Earth. Posts: 49
 Where has Bridgequeen been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.