Southeast Asia forum

Visa help Thailand, Cambodia and vietnam

• Northwig

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2014

Hello. I have looked on here but not found any joy. Me and my girlfriend have booked our flights to and from Thailand starting in December 14 and returning back to England 5 weeks later. We will be spending a couple of weeks in the three countries starting in Thailand then Cambodia, then Vietnam before returning to Thailand. When and how is the best place to get a visa for this? I understand Vietnam visas can be difficult. Is there a certain time you have to get them by? I appreciate all of the help that could be given on this topic as it is our first time travelling and need all the advice that we can get off you travelling guru's.

Cheers
    Chris

#1 Posted: 13/3/2014 - 03:46

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You're both on British passports right?

Assuming so you'll get 30-days on arrival in Thailand (regardless of if by air or overland)

You can get a visa on arrival when you enter Cambodia.

You can get a visa for Vietnam in Bangkok, Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville. The process is pretty straightforward. You can see the details for getting one in Bangkok here. If it was me I'd just get it when you arrive in Bangkok - then it is all out of the way and you can just travel.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 13/3/2014 - 04:15

• AbigailatPe-
    nhandInk

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

You could also get your visa before you leave the UK and then you don't have to worry about it! See the awfully designed but informative Vietnam Embassy website here: http://vietnamembassy.org.uk/index.php?action=p&ct=Consular%20Services%20for%20UK%20residents#VISA

#3 Posted: 13/3/2014 - 05:38

• Northwig

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2014

Thanks for the response guys. Yes we are both British passport holders. The total duration of our trip is 35 days. Please note that only half of the time will be spent in Thailand ( two weeks at first then a few days at the end). Will this effect anything as we start i Thailand then leave 2 weeks later then returning again before leaving 4 days after. If possible we would like to get the visas done before we travel so it is one less thing to worry about. Thanks for the help guys. Cheers for the embassy link abigail

#4 Posted: 13/3/2014 - 11:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Visa help for Thailand Laos Cambodia and vietnam ... By erikmaez on 29 Nov 2009 2 2218 5 Dec 2009
Thailand,Vietnam nd Cambodia in 4 weeks Visa help. ... By dnev101 on 3 Jan 2013 1 1253 3 Jan 2013
Thailand-Laos-Cambodia-Vietnam VISA HELP ... By dazg21 on 28 Oct 2010 4 5500 29 Oct 2010