Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Visa help Thailand, Cambodia and vietnam

Posted by Northwig on 13/3/2014 at 03:46

Hello. I have looked on here but not found any joy. Me and my girlfriend have booked our flights to and from Thailand starting in December 14 and returning back to England 5 weeks later. We will be spending a couple of weeks in the three countries starting in Thailand then Cambodia, then Vietnam before returning to Thailand. When and how is the best place to get a visa for this? I understand Vietnam visas can be difficult. Is there a certain time you have to get them by? I appreciate all of the help that could be given on this topic as it is our first time travelling and need all the advice that we can get off you travelling guru's.

Cheers
Chris

#1 Northwig has been a member since 12/2/2014. Posts: 14

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/3/2014 at 04:15 admin

You're both on British passports right?

Assuming so you'll get 30-days on arrival in Thailand (regardless of if by air or overland)

You can get a visa on arrival when you enter Cambodia.

You can get a visa for Vietnam in Bangkok, Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville. The process is pretty straightforward. You can see the details for getting one in Bangkok here. If it was me I'd just get it when you arrive in Bangkok - then it is all out of the way and you can just travel.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by AbigailatPenhandInk on 13/3/2014 at 05:38 TF writer

You could also get your visa before you leave the UK and then you don't have to worry about it! See the awfully designed but informative Vietnam Embassy website here: http://vietnamembassy.org.uk/index.php?action=p&ct=Consular%20Services%20for%20UK%20residents#VISA

#3 AbigailatPenhandInk has been a member since 9/11/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 179
 Website 

Posted by Northwig on 13/3/2014 at 11:55

Thanks for the response guys. Yes we are both British passport holders. The total duration of our trip is 35 days. Please note that only half of the time will be spent in Thailand ( two weeks at first then a few days at the end). Will this effect anything as we start i Thailand then leave 2 weeks later then returning again before leaving 4 days after. If possible we would like to get the visas done before we travel so it is one less thing to worry about. Thanks for the help guys. Cheers for the embassy link abigail

#4 Northwig has been a member since 12/2/2014. Posts: 14

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.