Southeast Asia forum

6 months traveling?

• mthawkins

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2014

I'm hoping to start my travels next February, 2015 for 6 months.
    I want to cover Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, and Indonesia (Sumatra.. cross over to Mentawai for guided trek into the jungle.. visit villages)
    I would also like to visit Indonesia Papua, however after my stint in Southeast Asia I hope to visit Nepal and finish my trip in India. It would seem too difficult and expensive to jump from KL to Papua NG and back so I can fly to Nepal?

Does anyone have any itinerary suggestions?
    Also, considering SEA's hot season is in the middle of my travel time, what would be a good timeline for visiting the countries?

#1 Posted: 18/3/2014 - 19:01

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Maybe do beaches in march april when it is hot. Id work out flights and visa situation and then the best routes will emerge. Look at air asia and nok air to see what areas are covered by flights then see what buses cover shorter trips.

#2 Posted: 18/3/2014 - 20:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.