Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

4 Weeks - August 2014 - Thailand, Cambodja, Laos and Vietnam - Help please!

Posted by caroquette on 15/4/2014 at 18:04

Good evening everyone,

I'm travelling to Southeast Asia in August and I am in need for some help. I only have 4 weeks to stay.
Do you recommend me going to all four places - Thailand, Cambodja, Laos and Vietnam?
It's my first time, and I really want to take the best of my trip.
I want to stay approximately one week in Ko Pha Nhgan where I will take two days or so, to visit Ko Tao.

Apart from that, do you think I have the time to visit all four countries?
If not, what should I discard - Laos or Vietnam?

Thank you so much for your help,
Best regards,

Carolina.

#1 caroquette has been a member since 15/4/2014. Posts: 22

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 15/4/2014 at 18:51

1 country is enough for 4 weeks.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by AbigailatPenhandInk on 15/4/2014 at 23:28 TF writer

Laos and Vietnam are very different places, so it depends on what you want.

Vietnam is a large country and to see a bit of it would probably take two weeks. It's beautiful and interesting, with lots to see and do. Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City are both worth visiting, but there's also beautiful Hoi An, the amazing landscape of Sapa, the cool hills of the Highlands.

Laos is much more peaceful, but not quite as easy to travel around. Luang Prabang is a favourite place to visit - lovely buildings and interesting day trips to waterfalls, on the river etc.

Cambodia has Angkor Wat, of course, which is stunning to visit, and Siem Reap has quite a lot to offer apart from temples. There's also interesting, quieter places like Battambang and Kampot which give you a good feel for rural life.

I think four weeks is definitely not enough time to visit four countries - perhaps choose two (Thailand plus one other) and have some time for relaxing and exploring. You probably don't want to spend all your time travelling on buses!

#3 AbigailatPenhandInk has been a member since 9/11/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 179
 Website 

Posted by caroquette on 16/4/2014 at 19:22

Thank you all for your replies :)

#4 caroquette has been a member since 15/4/2014. Posts: 22

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.