Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Solo Traveler! - 1st July to 4th September

Posted by Roj91 on 17/5/2014 at 09:28

Hi there!

I'm 23 and decided to have a long holiday before I start uni in September. Unfortunately none of my friends are in a position to be able to join me on this trip so i'll be heading out alone.

I've backpacked round Australia before, but for some reason i'm abit more nervous about meeting people or lack of, I have no problem meeting new people. Aside from my main job I work behind a bar on weekends and seem to have no problem having a laugh with all the people I get to meet so I'm probably just overthinking things.

Currently my plans are from arriving in Bangkok on the 2nd July;
4 nights in Bangkok,
overnight bus/boat to Ko Tao,
2 nights in Ko Tao,
3 nights in Ko Samui
4 nights in Ko Phangan
For the above I've already booked places to stay, but I may change my plans. Following that, I plan to make my way from Ko Phangan to Siem Reap and then I'm not committing myself to anything after that. I'm trying to leave my trip as open as possible, and base where I go next on who I meet and what I think of the place i'm in. I have intentions of going to Vietnam and Laos too, I also have intentions of sightseeing, but if i'm not going to be disappointed with not seeing a lot, so long as I can meet some great people along the way.

If anyone is in a similar position or wants to meet up along the way, let me know, would be good to have some people to travel with!

Dan.

#1 Roj91 has been a member since 17/5/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by dupree on 17/5/2014 at 17:50

Hey Dan,

I will be landing in Bangkok July 9th and will spend a few days there before heading to Siem Reap. We may be there around the same time.

#2 dupree has been a member since 3/4/2014. Posts: 14

Posted by amnicoll on 19/5/2014 at 06:51

don't worry you will meet plenty of people as you travel around

#3 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 614

Posted by noddytravel on 21/5/2014 at 21:20

great plan, no plan! you will meet so many people along the way and plans will change so better to not have one and see where you end up, always works for me!

#4 noddytravel has been a member since 18/2/2014. Location: Australia. Posts: 25
 Where has noddytravel been?   Website 

Posted by hmrolstomt on 23/5/2014 at 20:06

Hey Dan,

Sounds like you've got a great start on your planning. Any chance you might be interested in a supported bicycling tour? I'm looking for a biking partner as the tours in my budget have a two person minimum. Looks like we'll both be in the region for the month of July, so let me know if you're interested and we could talk details. I'm looking to do a tour between 7 and 15 days long. My schedule and choice of locations are flexible.

cheers,
Hannah

#5 hmrolstomt has been a member since 23/5/2014. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.