Cookie Cutter 3 Month SE Asia Itinerary

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Really, you could start by just picking up a Lonely Planet and looking at the suggested itineraries they offer in SE Asia books. With 3 months you could see a lot of Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. Depending on the time of year would make for adjustments for different rainy seasons in Vietnam probably - but there is a very basic loops you could set up. I'd usually fly into and out of the same airport for the cheapest possible ticket, so if you started with HCMC you could work your way up Vietnam, then over into Laos and then down Laos and through Cambodia, or reverse that or start with Hanoi. A pretty basic loop that you can speed up or slow down on as you like and you won't have to take any other flights.

#1 Posted: 20/5/2014 - 01:02

• Advertisement

• casey_r19

Joined Travelfish
    27th March, 2013
    Places visited:
    At least 8

Hello all,

So I am planning a 3 month trip to SE Asia early next year. I am basically looking for a "cookie cutter" itinerary that excludes Thailand, only because I was there last year (loved it, want to see others). By cookie cutter I mean - hitting the main stops/cities before entering/exiting each country. I am open to all (Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Burma, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, etc.) and all forms of travel (flying, ground, boat). I fully realize that I will not hit each of countries I listed (3 would be ideal, 4 if lucky) - and I definitely do not want to rush this. That's what the rest of my life is for..

All advice is very much appreciated!

#2 Posted: 20/5/2014 - 01:04

• casey_r19

Joined Travelfish
    27th March, 2013
    Places visited:
    At least 8

Thanks caseyp. I'm aware of the itineraries in the Lonely Planet books. My in-depth itinerary per region will begin when I figure out my basic loop, as you put it. Vietnam -> Laos -> Cambodia -> Vietnam sounds intriguing.

#3 Posted: 20/5/2014 - 01:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
2 Month SE Asia Itinerary- Possible? ... By squirk on 9 Nov 2010 3 5466 15 Apr 2011
Help! My 1 month SE Asia itinerary ... By nikochoi on 18 Apr 2013 5 3652 22 May 2013
4 month VERY general SE Asia Itinerary ... By jmcentee on 6 Jan 2010 0 3951 6 Jan 2010