Southeast Asia forum

Thailand Indonesia Cambodia Vietnam in 2 months. HELP!!

• helendumble-
    ton

Joined Travelfish
    21st May, 2014
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 10

I am planning a 2 month trip around south east Asia (meant to be 3 months but bf couldn't get that much time off :(. So I am going 29th Dec till end of Feb. The first 3 weeks I am going with a friend and we want to go Thailand. After that, my boyfriend is meeting me and we want to go Indonesia, Cambodia and Vietnam.
    My first decision is where to spend new years eve?! I was in Thailand last xmas and NYE and spend NYE at the full moon party, don't really want to do the same this year. We shall be arriving in Bangkok on the 30th Dec so do not have much time to get anywhere. Anyone have any suggestions?
    I don't really need any advice on the rest of Thailand as I have been there before but shall be spending the 3 weeks south of Thailand. That leaves me with 5 weeks to do Cambodia, Vietnam and Indonesia. My friend will be going home and my boyfriend will be meeting me somewhere, probably Bangkok. What is the best order to do Cambodia, Vietnam and Indonesia and the best places to visit? Definitely want to go Bali. I love beaches, scenery and nightlife, everything really but I absolutely LOVE waterfalls. Any suggested routes/places would be so grateful :) :)

#1 Posted: 21/5/2014 - 07:29

• Advertisement

• noddytravel

Joined Travelfish
    18th February, 2014
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 86

hi, I know it sounds like a shameless plug, but check out my blog, many trips from Cambodia, Indo and Vietnam on there, plus I love waterfalls also, there is an entire section dedicated to them on there. Bali is not Indonesia unless you get out of Kuta and explore the rest of the island.
    Java is an amazing place to travel, but you might prefer Lombok. still has the 'party scene, but also a great island to travel with some awesome waterfalls. too many ideas to list here, but if you flick through my blog you will see where I went and things I did, im unsure what you like to do and see so it is up to you.
    Cambodia you will obviously be doing Angkor Wat, I love the whole country but you are trying to fit a lot into 5 weeks.
    don't miss Phong Nha in Vietnam.
    feel free to contact me if you want more specific information, I have spent the last 2 years in these countries
    http://noddysasianadventures.blogspot.com/2013/08/lets-get-started.html
    safe travels

#2 Posted: 21/5/2014 - 20:25

• helendumble-
    ton

Joined Travelfish
    21st May, 2014
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 10

Thank you so much for your reply! Your blog has been really helpful. Changed my plans a tad. Going to start off in Jakarta as I want to spend NYE in Bali. Going to also end my trip in Jakarta so doing a big loop. Jakarta - Bali - Thailand - Vietnam Cambodia - Jakarta. I haven't really looked yet about getting to and from countries but I hope it wont be to difficult.

#3 Posted: 28/5/2014 - 07:40

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

think where you want to fly home from at the end of the trip. You could either fly to Thailand and go through Cambodia and up through Vietnam to Hanoi or fly to Hanoi and do the reverse.

You are going to be very rushed consider droping a country or two

#4 Posted: 3/6/2014 - 05:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
2 months in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam AND Indonesia ... By mar571 on 9 Nov 2010 15 9558 25 Nov 2010
Itinerarry for Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia an Vietnam ... By antoinetiux on 6 Apr 2010 3 3304 20 Sep 2010
3 months Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam ... By rose1990 on 3 Mar 2014 8 815 10 Mar 2014
Thailand/Vietnam/Cambodia/Malaysia and Indonesia in 8 weeks ... By jbrinkey on 13 Oct 2013 16 1661 21 Oct 2013
3-4 week trip to Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. ... By antoinetiux on 6 Apr 2010 8 5950 8 Apr 2010
5 months Thailand Laos Cambodia Vietnam and.... ... By DicoR on 28 Aug 2014 1 322 29 Aug 2014
Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia - 3 months ... By rossco on 25 Jul 2011 0 2943 25 Jul 2011
2.5 months Thailand/ Malaysia / Indonesia ... By Andy1982 on 25 Jan 2010 0 3252 25 Jan 2010
Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia Sept 2012 ... By RC2012 on 5 Apr 2012 4 6711 6 Apr 2012
38/F - travelling to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos (and possibly Indonesia) from Jan 2012 ... By michele1273 on 2 Nov 2011 9 3008 14 Jan 2012