Southeast Asia forum

Which country do you recommend?

• donnaansell

Joined Travelfish
    17th September, 2007

I'm currently planning a 10 week trip spending 7 weeks travelling around North Thailand, Laos, Vietnam & Cambodia and then 3 weeks beach hopping in Thailand.
    My itinery is starting to look really full and we'll be moving every 3 days, so I'm starting to think about missing out a country.

I know this is probably just down to personal preference, but if I was going to drop one country from my itinery, which one should I go for? Also if I just choose North or South Vietnam - which is the more interesting and beautiful? I keep looking at picture of Halong Bay that look so gorgeous, but Saigon & Mekong Delta look really interesting and prob have better weather in November. Ahhh I'm so indecisive!!!!

#1 Posted: 1/10/2007 - 20:22

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Donna,

North or south Vietnam -- ah it's a tough question! Perhaps the weather can help you make a decision, as the south will be drier.

That said, if I had to choose between the north and south irrespective of weather, I'd go for northern Vietnam - primarily because I love Hanoi and the mountain scenery is breath-taking.

#2 Posted: 2/10/2007 - 05:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.