Southeast Asia forum

2 weeks in Thailand and Vietnam

• manny

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2007

I know this trip may seem a little rushed, but we only have 2 weeks and want to hit a few spots in Thailand and Vietnam. Here is what I've come up with so far:

Day1 Fly to Bangkok
    Day2 Bangkok
    Day3 Go to Ko Chang
    Day4 Ko Chang
    Day5 Ko Chang
    Day6 Fly to Hanoi
    Day7 Hanoi
    Day8 HoLang Bay
    Day9 HoLang Bay
    Day10 Hanoi
    Day11 HCMC
    Day12 Go to Mekong Delta
    Day13 Mekong Delta
    Day14 HCMC
    Day15 Fly out of HCMC

Does this look doable? Insane? Any opinions/suggestions welcome. We have done many trips that may seem rushed to others and enjoyed them. However, I want to make sure we don't spend most of our time travelling and little time chilling and relaxing.

#1 Posted: 14/11/2007 - 02:08

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

It's probably a little insane, but I've seen far worse! :-)

If you were willing to forgo Ko Chang, I'd suggest skipping Thailand totally and getting your island time on Phu Quoc in Vietnam -- a far better destination in my opinion.

Otherwise, the other point that jumps out is flying down to Saigon just to spend one day there and one day in the Delta -- seems a long way to go for a daytrip.

#2 Posted: 14/11/2007 - 09:32

• manny

Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2007

Actually a friend of mine recommends Ko Phi Phi or Ko Samui instead of Ko Chang.
    In Saigon I was planning to spend 2 days roughly as well as 2 days in the Mekong probably on an organized tour.

#3 Posted: 14/11/2007 - 23:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.