admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

We've just added a new feature story to Travelfish, some of our tips for Beach hideaways in Asia. You'll have no doubt heard of some of the spots -- but hopefully not all of them, and we hope they help you find a strip of sand that suits your needs.

Just to pre-empt questions about us listing Phu Quoc as a hideaway (anywhere on Phu Quoc that can be booked online is pretty much full over the entire silly season), bear in mind it is a big island and the bulk of places cannot be booked online -- they don't even have email addresses -- so don't lose hope!

Comments, as usual, are welcome.

#1 Posted: 12/12/2007 - 12:46

• Advertisement

• meyers66

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2006
    Total reviews: 2

Hi, My wife and I have been to Thailand 6 times. We have 17 days. We are looking for some ideas and suggestions. We like quiet, simple places with decent food and not a lot of pressure from touts. We are interested in exploring a National Park and hanging on the beach in the South. We are not into the blaring music scene or overly developed 4-5 star places. We've been to Khao Sok NP, Samui, Koh Pan Nang, Koh Tao, beaches south of Klanom. I'd like to explore the South without being in the Muslim conflict. I'm thinking about the Andaman Coast resorts, Nakorn Si Thummarat area beaches, and Khao Luang National Park. Perhaps around Krabi but I'm concerned about over development. We like wildlife without the leeches (both human and insect). IOW's we want it all. Ha ;) Ideas? BTW check out the Cd O by Damien Rice. Brilliant. This is a great site. Cheers to the web masters.

#2 Posted: 12/12/2007 - 15:57

• sergejsu

Joined Travelfish
    16th October, 2007
    Location Latvia

Koh Lanta seems to be good compromise between (over)development and quiet and secluded becahes. I find the beaches are at Kantiang Bay, Khlong Nin beach and Mai Pai bay beach.

The ersort I like the most is Layana resort on teh lOng beach, as a whole it is very enyobale experience. And no more than 1-2 persons walking in front of you at teh beach in nearest 15 min. :)

#3 Posted: 13/12/2007 - 09:48

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi meyers66 -- glad you like the site.

That's a good tip by sergejsu, but I reckon Ko LaoLiang (mentioned in the aforementioned story) could be right up your alley.

#4 Posted: 13/12/2007 - 13:29

• lauraskrink

Joined Travelfish
    20th September, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

If you in the vicinity of Ko Lanta and want something a little more laid-back then head to Ko Jum. If you take the ferry from Krabi to Lanta it will stop half way and drop you off!

The island is small with a handful of great resorts for most budgets. spend the days chillaxing, eating great food, snorkelling, kayaking or just reading! You can also use it to visit Phi Phi which is onlt an hour or so boat ride away!

Trust me it is great!

#5 Posted: 17/3/2008 - 14:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Upcountry hideaways in SE Asia ... By somtam2000 on 21 Dec 2007 2 3599 24 Dec 2007