Southeast Asia forum

Up to 4 weeks to get from Hanoi to Bangkok (via Cambodia) help please?!

• richkimmens

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2008

Hi,

I am meeting a friend in Bangkok on March 26th and then intend to fly to Hanoi (once we haev our visas) and then work our way back overland to Bangkok.

Could you please give me any advice on where to go, the best way to get between places, accomodation advice, and most importantly if 4 weeks is realistically enough for this trip?

Thanks very much!

#1 Posted: 11/2/2008 - 05:08

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Best to take a look at the asia travel itinerary section first, for some suggestions on where to go...

#2 Posted: 11/2/2008 - 13:16

• rylb01

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2008

I am doing a similar trip through April, but in reverse.
    We are starting off in Bangkok heading South to Krabi province for week and a half and then heading to Siem Reap. Phnom Penh and Ho Chi Minh city will be seen but we will spend little time there. Then off to Hue and finally to Hanoi.
    Because we are only spending 4 weeks we are flying to most places except between Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City. We are busing from Bangkok to Siem Reap. Boating from Siem Reap to Phonm Penh. Busing to Ho Chi Minh City and then flying to Hue and Hanoi.

#3 Posted: 12/2/2008 - 06:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.