Southeast Asia forum

Is 3 months enough?

• Jebediah

Joined Travelfish
    20th February, 2008

Hi all

I'm coming to the region in May, June and July and I'm wondering what people's opinions are on how much I can realistically do in that time?

In an ideal world I would love to go to Thailand, Lao, Vietnam and Cambodia, but I'm not sure if the timeframe permits this? I fly in and out of Bangkok.

I am backpacking so would like to do all the usual highlights, as well as have some relaxation time to just absorb the culture - I am scared of missing out on this by rushing around too much though.

If anyone could share their thoughts and experiences that would be great.

Cheers,

Jim

#1 Posted: 20/2/2008 - 20:39

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hey Jim,

Will you really have 90 days for your trip? I think most of us are eating our hearts out thinking about having that much time to spend in Southeast Asia. Good for you.

The short answer is yes, that's enough time to do all the things you mention; the usual highlights as well as relaxation and absorbing the culture. Even with that much time you still won't get to do everything, and the time will fly by, but with a bit of research to figure out what things are most important to you and what is on your must see list, etc., you'll be able to piece together an attractive itinerary.

Maybe start with the suggested itineraries and trip reports sections and go from there. You've luckily got time to work out the details on your trip. Have fun.

#2 Posted: 21/2/2008 - 12:12

• Jebediah

Joined Travelfish
    20th February, 2008

Great! Thanks! That's made my day.

I'm a gap year student which explains why I have a fair bit of time there... I've been working to save for this trip for ages now though!

I'll start working up a vague itinery, although I don't want it too pre-empted... I'd rather just see what takes my fancy when I am there.

Thanks again for your response.

Jim

#3 Posted: 21/2/2008 - 15:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.