Southeast Asia forum

clothes colour advice...

• richkimmens

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2008

Hi,

I am deciding what clothes to take with me (not very many as plan to buy more as and when I need them on the go) and have been told that pink and yellow are good colours for thailand because of the king.

BUT i am going to Singapore and Malaysia first, would anyone recommend any popular colours there and also are there any colours that should be avoided in the region?

I am going Singapore > Malaysia > Thailand > Vietnam > Cambodia > Thailand.

Thanks guys!

#1 Posted: 21/2/2008 - 18:42

• Advertisement

• KirSin

Joined Travelfish
    19th February, 2008

There is no colour favouritism in Malaysia but i personally avoid black it tends to absorb heat.

#2 Posted: 24/2/2008 - 00:13

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

Thailand:
    doesn't really matter, unless you're going to attend a wedding. no black for weddings (except for men's suits), it's the colour for funerals. many say no purple for women attending weddings too, unless you are a widow.

Singapore:
    anything goes.

#3 Posted: 24/2/2008 - 10:21

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

I wear exactly the same cloths as i wear in the uk. Jeans or shorts, polo shirt / shirt, You can buy anything over there if you need it. But i wouldnt worry about what your wearing. Concentrate on how your going to see everything. :)

#4 Posted: 20/3/2008 - 06:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Advice on clothes ... By ColonelWallard on 2 May 2008 1 1491 2 May 2008