Southeast Asia forum

Aug-Nov? Weatherwise what's the best Itinerary?

• spearmas

Joined Travelfish
    27th February, 2008

Hi all,
    My friend and I are travelling in the region between August and November. I realise that this is generally a pretty wet time, and would welcome any itinerary suggestions, where we won't be totally washed out of it! We have 4 months and want to take in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam & Thailand. (Though not necessarily in that order). I have read the extremely helpful travelfish itineraries, but was hoping that someone may have travelled in the region in the same months that we intend to and may have a 'moderately' dry route that we could take.

Thanks

Sal

#1 Posted: 27/2/2008 - 23:18

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Sal,

Pack an umbrella!

In November you'll be fine in all four countries and Cambodia in October isn't too bad. August and September are good on Ko Samui, Ko Pha Ngan and Ko Tao in Thailand, but the west coast doesn't really dry out till November.

So I'd lean towards something along the lines of starting in Thailand's gulf islands mentioned above, then north into Northern Thailand (it will be wet, but cool), then Laos, then into Cambodia by mid October, finishing off in Vietnam for November. Sort of like a giant N.

Of course it depends on where you're planning on going in each country, but the above is what I'd start with.

Bear in mind that wet season tends not to be all day torrential rain day in day out, but more like some rain most days.

Hope that helps -- more questions, ask away.

#2 Posted: 28/2/2008 - 09:07

• spearmas

Joined Travelfish
    27th February, 2008

Cheers for that :)

#3 Posted: 29/2/2008 - 22:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.