Southeast Asia forum

Mailing Packages

• andysch

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2008

Hi, I will be spending two months traveling through Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and Thailand. I am backpacking so I won't have room for a lot of extra goods. However, I am very exciting to shop and am thinking it would be best to mail things back to USA. Is sending packages home easy? Is if fairly inexpensive? I am assuming it may take a few months, but the packages will arrive arrive safe and sound, is this correct?

Thank you!

#1 Posted: 4/5/2008 - 12:06

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

I recently sent a box of stuff back to Europe by surface mail from Thailand. I used the post office rather than a private firm. They said it would take 2-3 months to arrive but in fact it only took 6 weeks. No damage at all. Roughly 10kgs and it cost me a little over 2000B.

#2 Posted: 4/5/2008 - 12:30

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Total reviews: 47

We mailed a package back to the states from Nong Khai, Thailand, on our last trip. The package took about two months to arrive. It was a bit beat up on the outside, but the contents were fine. We paid about the same rates as SBE on a kilo to kilo basis (Our package was a bit smaller). It worked out well for us, and the cost of the postage was inexpensive compared to carrying those items with us for the next four weeks. Regards.

#3 Posted: 5/5/2008 - 07:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.