Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

New feature: Cheap flights in Asia with the Discovery Airpass

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/5/2008 at 06:25 admin

I've just added a new feature story to Travelfish, detailing the Discovery Airpass system that allows you to fly with Bangkok Airways, Lao Airlines and Siem Reap Airways.

If you happen to have used the pass in the past, please comment below on what you thought of it.

Thanks!

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,502
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by andysch on 9/5/2008 at 12:09

I used the Discovery Pass last year. I found BKK Airways to be great-on time, fairly comfortably and they served tasty snacks! Since we had a limited amount of time, it allowed us to make a quick visit to Siem Reap quite easily bc we flew directly from Bangkok.

One disadvantage was that we had to provide the exact dates we would be traveling. Bc it was just for a few weeks; it was fairly easy to plan the dates. I checked last week for my upcoming trip (two months) but I don’t want to commit to specific dates

#2 andysch has been a member since 1/4/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by rewein on 18/5/2008 at 04:35

Is anyone else having trouble from the States when booking the Discovery Airpass? When I call 1-866-BANGKOK I get an answering machine. That doesn't seem normal.

If someone in the states has a travel agent they have used for this, please pass that contact info along.

Thanks!

#3 rewein has been a member since 23/3/2008. Posts: 5

Posted by packtoofull on 18/5/2008 at 07:01

Hi Rewein,

Did you try the email addresses listed in the feature for the States? They may help.

Also, if you do find an agent that can help, please post their details here and I'll get them added into the feature story.

Ta

#4 packtoofull has been a member since 16/5/2007. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 39

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.