Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Weather July/August SE Asia

Posted by CharFlorica on 11/6/2008 at 12:39

Hello,

I was initially planning a trip to SE Asia in May/June for 2 months, however I realized something about those months conflicting. Thus, I am thinking to push the trip further into July/August. However, I am wondering if the wet season is too much at this point in time? Does it restrict any activities (such as riding Elephants, visiting beaches, checking out any ruins, floating market, boat rides etc).

Also, I have looked at the weather map and the such. But, as far as packing clothing. Will it get very cold at night in any places. I am planning to hit Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. Vietnam looks pretty wet during July/August.

Any input on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Char

#1 CharFlorica has been a member since 6/6/2008. Posts: 6

Posted by dougumbarger on 11/6/2008 at 15:34

I'm in Bangkok right now watching the daily torrential downpour from my comfy bed-but don't let it stop you from visiting. It rains daily from 3-4ish PM, a splendid respite from the stifling heat & humidity. Bring a good light-weight hat to shield you from the sun, and a bandanna to wipe off the sweat. Small, collapsible umbrellas are 80 baht, or $2.66USD. The daily and predictable rains are a great time for an afternoon internet check, or a cold beer or coffee, and it rains VERY LOUD & HARD, so it's fun to watch!!

#2 dougumbarger has been a member since 27/5/2008. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.