Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

vietnam, cambodia, laos itenary help

Posted by kelsey on 26/6/2008 at 05:08

Hi,

We have 2 - 2.5 weeks to travel these countries before heading to thailand. At this stage it looks like we will be flying into Bangkok. We want to go to Siem Reap in Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam. Due to time constraints i'm wondering the best way to try and do this. I think Vietnam will have to be limited to perhaps one place. Appreciate any suggestions of which way to travel and must see places.

Cheers!

#1 kelsey has been a member since 26/6/2008. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 26/6/2008 at 16:51 admin

Hi Kelsey,

A good place to start is the suggested itinerary section as that lays out a variety of different trip plans along with estimated times etc.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by kelsey on 27/6/2008 at 08:39

Thankyou for your reply. I now have more of an idea of where i would like to go. I will most likely be flying into Bangkok, then making my way to Siem Reap, then heading up through Laos (Vientiane, Vang Vien and Luang Prabang), then to Hanoi to fly back to Bangkok. Or i could do it vice versa, not sure if there is any difference. I have no idea of the travel times so i'm not sure if i am being unrealistic to cover this area in two weeks or just over. I am happy to do a couple of flights (for example between hanoi and LP) to cut out some travel time.
Cheers!

#3 kelsey has been a member since 26/6/2008. Posts: 5

Posted by kelsey on 27/6/2008 at 08:48

and sorry.. one more question, how is the best way to make your way from Siem Reap to Vientiane (or vice versa)

#4 kelsey has been a member since 26/6/2008. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 28/6/2008 at 09:26 admin

From SR to VTE you can either fly or overland through Thailand. The latter takes at least a day and a half (unless you're lucky with connections in which case I've heard it can be done in a day). To fly it takes an hour or so.

#5 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.