Southeast Asia forum

vietnam, cambodia, laos itenary help

• kelsey

Joined Travelfish
    26th June, 2008

Hi,

We have 2 - 2.5 weeks to travel these countries before heading to thailand. At this stage it looks like we will be flying into Bangkok. We want to go to Siem Reap in Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam. Due to time constraints i'm wondering the best way to try and do this. I think Vietnam will have to be limited to perhaps one place. Appreciate any suggestions of which way to travel and must see places.

Cheers!

#1 Posted: 26/6/2008 - 05:08

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Kelsey,

A good place to start is the suggested itinerary section as that lays out a variety of different trip plans along with estimated times etc.

#2 Posted: 26/6/2008 - 16:51

• kelsey

Joined Travelfish
    26th June, 2008

Thankyou for your reply. I now have more of an idea of where i would like to go. I will most likely be flying into Bangkok, then making my way to Siem Reap, then heading up through Laos (Vientiane, Vang Vien and Luang Prabang), then to Hanoi to fly back to Bangkok. Or i could do it vice versa, not sure if there is any difference. I have no idea of the travel times so i'm not sure if i am being unrealistic to cover this area in two weeks or just over. I am happy to do a couple of flights (for example between hanoi and LP) to cut out some travel time.
    Cheers!

#3 Posted: 27/6/2008 - 08:39

• kelsey

Joined Travelfish
    26th June, 2008

and sorry.. one more question, how is the best way to make your way from Siem Reap to Vientiane (or vice versa)

#4 Posted: 27/6/2008 - 08:48

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

From SR to VTE you can either fly or overland through Thailand. The latter takes at least a day and a half (unless you're lucky with connections in which case I've heard it can be done in a day). To fly it takes an hour or so.

#5 Posted: 28/6/2008 - 09:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Itenary help/advice Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam ... By nhopkinsuk84 on 29 Aug 2013 11 1450 6 Sep 2013
cambodia itenary ... By zajets on 6 Dec 2013 5 827 10 Dec 2013