Southeast Asia forum

you lot are amazing... another itinerary request!

• iciclesecret

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2008

I've been reading these posts and you're like a fountain of knowledge here! And it's amazing you're all so helpful with itineraries.

My partner and I have visited Thailand a couple of times, but it's the only place in this region (been taking holidays in the latin part of the world recently) and we thought it was about time to fix that!

We love beautiful scenery and like to have some nightlife, whether it's having a beer in a bar with a local, or just meeting other tourists and partying.

We have three weeks (end of Dec, early Jan) and are keen to see Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam, or at least two of the three. I've seen some workable flights in and out of Vietnam and we're happy to fly within the region to save on time throughout the route. But everyone else seems to fly in and out of BKK and Chang Mai, but we have done these areas before and we would rather not duplicate. Is HCMC the best place in the region to fly to?

It's my boyfriends birthday on Dec 31st, so it's important to spend that night somewhere that will create some memories if anyone has any suggestions too?

Any help with an itinerary would be massively appreciated...

xx

#1 Posted: 17/7/2008 - 06:37

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Three weeks isn't a lot of time to fit in three countries -- or four if you count Thailand -- so regional flights would be a good idea. Take a look at our story on the Discovery Airpass for details on how you can get it to work for you.

Itinerary-wise, take a look through the suggested itineraries -- especially the regional ones, as they'll give you an idea of how long it takes to get around.

last piece of advice, is remember, LESS IS MORE -- you're better off trying to see a couple of spots in each country rather than trying to see all of Vietnam in a week. Pick your choice destinations in each and work a plan around those -- don't try to see to much or you'll be needing a holiday to get over the holiday!

#2 Posted: 19/7/2008 - 08:18

• iciclesecret

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2008

thank you x

#3 Posted: 22/7/2008 - 16:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
(Another) Itinerary advice request ... By emma066 on 16 Nov 2009 1 1893 17 Nov 2009