Southeast Asia forum

heart broken traveller

• water

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2008

My boyfriend and I had planned a trip for September, flying into bangkok then going on to Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. Only he has just dumped me! My question is how safe/enjoyable would it be for a female travelling alone in these places. I´m wondering if I should go or should I just cut my losses on the plane ticket?

#1 Posted: 20/7/2008 - 21:16

• Advertisement

• Sair83

Joined Travelfish
    8th April, 2008

Hi water,
    I'm a lone female also doing the Thailand-Cambodia-Laos-Vietnam loop in September. I've never done it before, but I've been assured that its quite safe (or at least i hope so, as I'm going for it!!)
    Sorry to hear about your boyfriend, but don't waste your plane ticket... go, you'll meet new people and enjoy yourself, I promise. Besides, theres nothing worse than sitting around moping when you could be out in the world discovering new things!!!

#2 Posted: 20/7/2008 - 22:36

• water

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2008

Thanks for the reply Sair83, I think I will go. As you say at least there there will be something to distract me from moping. Even if it´s just being constantly vigilant about my bags!

#3 Posted: 20/7/2008 - 23:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.