Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

heart broken traveller

Posted by water on 20/7/2008 at 21:16

My boyfriend and I had planned a trip for September, flying into bangkok then going on to Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. Only he has just dumped me! My question is how safe/enjoyable would it be for a female travelling alone in these places. I´m wondering if I should go or should I just cut my losses on the plane ticket?

#1 water has been a member since 20/7/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by Sair83 on 20/7/2008 at 22:36

Hi water,
I'm a lone female also doing the Thailand-Cambodia-Laos-Vietnam loop in September. I've never done it before, but I've been assured that its quite safe (or at least i hope so, as I'm going for it!!)
Sorry to hear about your boyfriend, but don't waste your plane ticket... go, you'll meet new people and enjoy yourself, I promise. Besides, theres nothing worse than sitting around moping when you could be out in the world discovering new things!!!

#2 Sair83 has been a member since 8/4/2008. Posts: 9

Posted by water on 20/7/2008 at 23:59

Thanks for the reply Sair83, I think I will go. As you say at least there there will be something to distract me from moping. Even if it´s just being constantly vigilant about my bags!

#3 water has been a member since 20/7/2008. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.