Southeast Asia forum

Panicing we dont have enough time!

• malibu828

Joined Travelfish
    25th March, 2008
    Location United Kingdom

Hi Everyone, i am really sorry to bore you with yet another itinery message but from what ive been reading on other i may have been a bit greedy in the time i have.
    We have 13 and half weeks to get from Bangkok to northern Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Southern Thailand and islands, Malaysia and catch next flight to Singapore.
    Is this ridiculous, i did want to do it all overland at not a very rushed pace but thinking some flights will be needed? (on a tight budget) Which bits do you think i should cut out? Was planning on just doing the usual big loop journey, is this best?
    Can you tell im a newbie at this? lol! Any help will be much appreciated! Im getting in such a flap! Lx

#1 Posted: 29/7/2008 - 20:20

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Three months is a pretty good spread of time to cover the region you're talking about -- many try to do it in half the time.

A good place to start is the suggested itinerary section which plots out some suggested routes.

#2 Posted: 30/7/2008 - 09:07

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Wow ... I'd say that you have loads of time. That's plenty of time to do a great loop without taking any flights at all.

One flight that I do think is worth taking, though, if it fits with the program, is Siem Reap to Bangkok. That is, if Angkor is your last stop in Cambodia and you're heading back to Thailand. It may run you about a couple hundred dollars, but it will save you about 1 1/2 days of hot, dull, overland tripping.

If you're going back to Thailand, but haven't been to PP yet, then it's worth it to work your way south to PP and then Sihanoukville and then go back to Thailand by ferry. Very nice.

Don't panic. You're in good shape w.r.t. time.

#3 Posted: 31/7/2008 - 23:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
First time traveller to Thailand needs an idea of a schedule?? any suggestions do's and dont's ... By Maggiemoo on 6 Mar 2010 3 1849 6 Mar 2010