Southeast Asia forum

From Vietnam to Cambodia

• alexr

Joined Travelfish
    20th May, 2008

Hi!

I hope you can help. I am going to SE Asia in a matter of weeks and I am currently looking into booking my discovery airpass before i leave the UK and therefore I am thinking about getting about from A-Z.

The one route i will not be flying will be from HCM city to Cambodia. We only have limited time in Cambodia (a measely 5 days) but I am slightly unclear about how long it take to do this journey.

Could you give me some indication of how long it takes to cross from HCM to Pnom Phen and also, is there a bus service that travels from HCM to Siem Reap directly or do most people go via PP? Do these routes go via the Bavet border? We are planning on getting the Cambodian evisa online before we leave the UK but we want to know that we will be able to use it!

Many thanks

#1 Posted: 13/8/2008 - 03:33

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

HCM to Phnom Penh by bus takes the best part of a day -- though if you get through the border quickly it takes a few hours less (last time I did this by bus, we sat at the border for three hours).

There are through buses to Siem Reap, but they pass through Phnom Penh anyway.

I'd steer clear of the eVisa and get the visa on the border -- eVisa has been having some problems of late.

#2 Posted: 13/8/2008 - 07:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.