Southeast Asia forum

Laos/Cambodia

• travelnut55

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2008

I will be traveling to India and South East Asia for 2 months starting in late September with a friend. We are both in our early 20s and just out of college. We canceled our portion of the trip going to the Philippines so we have 10 extra days before leaving from Bangkok to Bali. We already have 3 weeks in Thailand so we were looking to explore some more. Was thinking of doing a couple of days in Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat and then heading to Laos (maybe Luang Prabang) for the rest of the 6 or so days. Was just wondering what you thought of this plan and whether or not we have enough time in those places. Thanks much.

#1 Posted: 26/8/2008 - 06:51

• Advertisement

• packtoofull

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2007
    Location Indonesia

If you're flying the legs, you could certainly see LP and Angkor in ten days, but if you're planning on doing it overland, then it will be a bit tifht, or at least uncomfortable. Another option would be to skip Angkor and just do northern Laos, you could see Gibbon Experience and LP in ten days.

#2 Posted: 26/8/2008 - 10:44

• chipseay

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2008

Skip Angkor? I can't imagine that. To me it is one of the most incredible places in the world.... It would be like skipping the Taj Mahal, or the Great Wall.

#3 Posted: 27/8/2008 - 13:17

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Skip Angkor ?!!

Angkor is one of my favourite places in the world. Deff would NOT be skipping on that. You can do all of SE Asia at once so I would do a TOP 10 list and try to fit all the important stuff in. Angkor is probably top of the list if you like old temple ruins!

:)

#4 Posted: 28/8/2008 - 22:36

• JJcookie

Joined Travelfish
    6th September, 2008

fyi i emailed Gibbons yesterday - they are closed for Oct - have fun on your trip!!

#5 Posted: 6/9/2008 - 05:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.