Southeast Asia forum

Any ESL teachers in the area?

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

Hello,

I came to Korea a year ago and am finishing up my 1-year teaching contract next month. Over the last year I have watched the Korean won plummet. My salary has decreased by 40%. When I first arrived, I could live like a king and easily save $1000 a month!

I am considering relocating next year to live and teach in either Thailand or Vietnam. The average salary is about 900$ a month in Thailand. Which is very low but its enough to live and have fun in Thailand (but impossible to save anything). I have heard that Vietnam is paying more these days.

Does any know what the average pay is for teaching in Vietnam? I have heard $1500 to $1700 but I would like someone to confirm this.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 20/10/2008 - 12:15

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.