Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

"Winging it" around Indochina and Thailand

Posted by wtangney on 30/1/2009 at 19:12

Morning all. I've got from now until the end of april to go travelling solo.

My plan is to buy a return ticket to Bangkok from London, buy the lonely planet guide - south-east asia on a shoestring, and then just "wing it"!

I've got a few ideas of where I want to go exploring in the region but I just want to do things as I go along and not make massive plans.

From experience, is this actually a good idea and has anyone got any good tips?

Thanks

Will

#1 wtangney has been a member since 30/1/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by TheGoose on 30/1/2009 at 22:29

I'm doing the same, sort of. I land in Bangkok on March 5th and basically have to be back there by May 27th to catch a flight to Bali. I will take in Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. I have a plan of everything I would like to see and a rough route but no actual set dates - i.e. one night here, two nights there etc.

This is how I've done all my travels in the past and have always been fine and always seen everything I want too!

#2 TheGoose has been a member since 30/1/2009. Posts: 29

Posted by Thaiman on 31/1/2009 at 12:21

Thailand and probably the whole of S.E. Asia is a good place to just 'wing it'.Travel is cheap with perfectly good bus services and a reasonable train service although the trains are getting a bit old.Accomodation is never a problem providing you're not too fussy.

#3 Thaiman has been a member since 12/11/2008. Posts: 201

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.