Southeast Asia forum

"Winging it" around Indochina and Thailand

• wtangney

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2009

Morning all. I've got from now until the end of april to go travelling solo.

My plan is to buy a return ticket to Bangkok from London, buy the lonely planet guide - south-east asia on a shoestring, and then just "wing it"!

I've got a few ideas of where I want to go exploring in the region but I just want to do things as I go along and not make massive plans.

From experience, is this actually a good idea and has anyone got any good tips?

Thanks

Will

#1 Posted: 30/1/2009 - 19:12

• Advertisement

• TheGoose

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2009

I'm doing the same, sort of. I land in Bangkok on March 5th and basically have to be back there by May 27th to catch a flight to Bali. I will take in Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. I have a plan of everything I would like to see and a rough route but no actual set dates - i.e. one night here, two nights there etc.

This is how I've done all my travels in the past and have always been fine and always seen everything I want too!

#2 Posted: 30/1/2009 - 22:29

• Thaiman

Click here to learn more about Thaiman
    Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2008

Thailand and probably the whole of S.E. Asia is a good place to just 'wing it'.Travel is cheap with perfectly good bus services and a reasonable train service although the trains are getting a bit old.Accomodation is never a problem providing you're not too fussy.

#3 Posted: 31/1/2009 - 12:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.