Southeast Asia forum

Itinerary: 6.5 weeks - where to go/what to see?

• themeffan

Joined Travelfish
    27th February, 2009

Hello fellow travelers -

I'm thrilled to be embarking on my first backpacking trip and my first journey to Southeast Asia in two weeks. I'm traveling with my boyfriend who plans NOTHING and - while I'm envious of his laid-back attitude and aware of the fact that little goes to plan when traveling in Southeast Asia - I would like to have some semblance of an itinerary to help guide us on our way. We'll be arriving in Bangkok late at night on the 17th of March and leaving from Bangkok early on May 1st. I have done a great deal of research and read about so many places that I'd love to see. The problem is that with just short of 7 weeks we'll be stretched thin seeing all the cities, towns, and landmarks I'm interested in.

I'm looking for beautiful scenery, culture, and an adventurous trip. I'm interested in the following (please forgive my spelling):
    Thailand - Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Chiang Mai, Pai, Krabi
    Cambodia - Angkor Wat
    Vietnam - Sapa, Hanoi, Halong, Ninh Binh, Hoi An, Dalat, Mekong River
    Laos - Luang Prabang, Vien Vang

My question is has anyone done a similar trip and have an itinerary to offer up? If you had 6.5 weeks what would your route/itinerary look like?

Thanks a lot for your help!

#1 Posted: 27/2/2009 - 22:35

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi themeffan,

Have you looked at the suggested itinerary section? There's a bunch of trip plans in there that may be a help in planning your trip -- for example this one

#2 Posted: 28/2/2009 - 09:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.