Southeast Asia forum

ahh....so overwhelmed. 4 months in SE Asia/India

• melmariet

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2009

So i am completely overwhelmed about planning my trip to SE Asia. I want to have a rough idea of where I am going so i can anticipate how much I will be spending on my trip. But I have no idea what I am doing! :P
    Any advicee or information on my budget would be sooooooo appreciated. Also, are all of these destinations "safe" for a 20 year old lone female first-time backpacker? Is my route reasonable with my time-frame - I am completely open to suggestions.
    Also, I am a budget backpacker, vendors/hostels-cheap accomodation, etc.

Bangkok 4 days
    Chiang Mai 7 days
    Bagan ( or other parts of Burma ) 2 week
    Chiang Rai 3 days
    Luang Prabang 4 days
    Van Vieng 3 days
    Vietianne 3 days
    Pakse 3 days
    Siem Riep (Angkor Wat) - 5 days
    Bangkok 1 day

3-4 Weeks: (southern Thailand - Penninsular Malaysia)
    Hua Hin?/Surat Thani(jump off point to islands) - Ko Tao - Ko Pha-ngan (full moon) - Phuket (jump off point) - Ko Phi Phi and La Kanta -Krabi - Ao Nang - Railay tailboat to Koh Chang - Satun - Ko Tarutao National Martine Park - (then either route A or B)
    A) Ko Sumai - Penang - Cameron Highlands - Kuala Kumpr - Mekaka - Singapore
    B) Georgetown (near Pulau Penang) - bus to Butterworth - to Kota Bharu - Paral Perhentian - Singapore

Then fly to India to Darjeeling/Himachel Pradesh and stay there for 2 weeks.

#1 Posted: 10/4/2009 - 21:18

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

It looks good till you get to your southern Thailand stretch - to cover all that in 3-4 weeks will be pushing it. You don't mention what time of the year you're planning this trip, so you'll need to take that into consideration as different islands get different weather.

I'm confused also with you mentioning Ko Chang -- so you mean the small "other" Ko Chang? (not covered on Travelfish?) If so, that's in the opposite direction to where you're headed.

#2 Posted: 11/4/2009 - 10:59

• melmariet

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2009

Yeah, i am definitely referring to the "other" Ko Chang. I didn't realize it was that far off my map. I had a feeling my southern thailand section was a too much too fast. I guess I can't decide which beaches I want to go to, yet. I will be traveling from January 15 on, so I think that'd be putting me on the beaches February-May. Somtam, do you have suggestions for a budget for this trip?

#3 Posted: 11/4/2009 - 20:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
4 months in SE Asia and India ... By sunnynz on 7 Apr 2011 2 3442 7 Apr 2011
A month in Southeast Asia... overwhelmed! ... By showdown on 9 Feb 2011 5 3942 11 Feb 2011