Southeast Asia forum

Where should I go?

• AyanamiNal

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

I've booked myself some cheap AirAsia flights from London to KL - I arrive in the evening of 26th September and fly back to London in the afternoon of 9th October.

My plan is to to spend 11 days travelling through Laos. I've posted a particular query in relation to that trip in the Laos forum.

However, I am keen not to discount other possibilities - from KL I can fly pretty much anywhere in SE Asia on AirAsia, so I wondered if anyone had any other places I should perhaps consider before I book the flights to Laos.

I've been to Vietnam and Cambodia before - both of which I loved - I've also spent a few days in Bangkok but wasn't so keen on that. I want a destination that has a mixture of history/natural beauty and a fairly lively (but not crazy) nightlife. I'm not really fussed about spending endless days on a beach, although I do like to swim.

So, anywhere else I should consider before I book Laos, given my timeframe and list of criteria?

#1 Posted: 7/7/2009 - 22:07

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

AyanamiNal

As I wrote on your Laos post, you are entering the area smack bang in the midst of the wet season.

That makes the beachy scene low on the scorecard.

I also said on your Laos 'post' that travelling more means less time for enjoying what a place has to offer. That said, if you want to entertain a Thailand trip for your 11 days, it would be helpful for you to suggest some focus.

For example, on the Laos 'post', MADMAC suggested you entertain travelling down into Isan - his neck of the woods. You didn't take up that suggestion. You instead posted an itinerary that is straight tourist trail stuff, and where you don't really get to engage with either history or culture (to any great extent).

So, if you wanted to entertain Thailand, what places spring to mind (for you), what things in those places appeal, etc., etc..

Cheers

#2 Posted: 8/7/2009 - 07:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.