Southeast Asia forum

Cambodia to Vietnam

• gracetandil

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2008

What steps should I follow to cross from Cambodia to Vietnam? My idea is to go southwards from P. Penh to Saigón. In order to save time my first idea was to take a flight from P. Penh to Saigon, but if I do so I won´t see the Mekong River delta with those floating markets. Can you help me, please?
    What might be the fastest way to go from P. Penh to Saigón seeing at least 1 floating market? Is it possible? How long does it take to go from P. Penh to Saigon visiting either Can Tho or Chau Doc? Thank you.

#1 Posted: 17/7/2009 - 22:33

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Floating markets are easily visited from Can Tho and Vinh Long so you could get the boat from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc and overnight there. Then get a bus to either of these towns and visit the floating markets from there the following day. Once you're done it is a straightforward bustrip to Saigon.

#2 Posted: 18/7/2009 - 07:05

• gracetandil

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2008

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Posted: 19/7/2009 - 00:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.