Photo: Street food Phetchaburi Soi 10, Bangkok.

Southeast Asia forum

Cambodia to Vietnam

Posted by gracetandil on 17/7/2009 at 22:33

What steps should I follow to cross from Cambodia to Vietnam? My idea is to go southwards from P. Penh to Saigón. In order to save time my first idea was to take a flight from P. Penh to Saigon, but if I do so I won´t see the Mekong River delta with those floating markets. Can you help me, please?
What might be the fastest way to go from P. Penh to Saigón seeing at least 1 floating market? Is it possible? How long does it take to go from P. Penh to Saigon visiting either Can Tho or Chau Doc? Thank you.

#1 gracetandil has been a member since 4/12/2008. Posts: 56

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/7/2009 at 07:05 admin

Floating markets are easily visited from Can Tho and Vinh Long so you could get the boat from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc and overnight there. Then get a bus to either of these towns and visit the floating markets from there the following day. Once you're done it is a straightforward bustrip to Saigon.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,434
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by gracetandil on 19/7/2009 at 00:10

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 gracetandil has been a member since 4/12/2008. Posts: 56

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.